Friday, September 26, 2008

Muffin top, Marine Corps Ball and the hard routine.

I was going to wear my dress blues to a social mixer with potential employers that is held at my college every year. I put on my trousers and damn near shit myself. I had this nasty muffin top look. It was horrible. It is horrible. I did it to myself. With drill coming up this weekend and next weekend. I'll have plenty of time to organize myself and set up a program for weight loss and conditioning that will have me back in my dress blues by the time the Marine Corps ball comes around.

I read the article "The Hard Routine" on the CFJ the other day and learned a lot from it. It's time for me to start my hard routine and get where I should be. Not only does the my appearance in uniform depend on me sticking to it, but also my career. I want to get a commission in the Corps. I have wanted to for a long time. That's part of the reason I enlisted.
The planning starts today. The program starts Monday. (what with drill happening this weekend and all).
My ultimate goal is to be down to 180 by January 1st and 160 by March 15th. That damn SDI was right, I did get fat again, but I won't be for long.

I know for a fact I'm going to dedicate most of my time to Crossfit. I will Crossfit most of the time and when needed supplement it with either swimmimg/running or one of those p90x workouts.
I'm gonna Zone again. This time an extremely strict Zone diet. I've got the books. I understand the way it works, I just need to apply it now.
Another good motivational point for me to stick to it....I'm gonna get put on BCP....dammit. No meritorious promotion for me for 6 months.

No comments: