Tuesday, January 25, 2011

OEF 11.something or other

The majority of this year will be spent in afghanistan. I don't know where I'm going or what I'm going to be doing and it sucks. Seems the Marine Corps can't decide when to tell us the truth or not. So were all sitting here stuck. And wondering when we will leave. I've stopped caring. I just want to get this over with. At first I was kind of excited about going, and now its gone. I have a lot of issues with the logistics. All I can do though is make sure me and my buddies come back alive. That's it. Who knows, maybe they'll change their minds and have us do real infantry stuff. /sidenote we no longer do traditional infantry work. the mos has become so saturated with additonal duties that, at times it feels overwhelming. It feels a lot more like policing. Than being a grunt. Site exploitation, detaining epws, questioning, stopping drug and arms trade. The Marine Corps has become a massive police department. How odd. /endsidenote

Lost track of what I was talking about.

No comments: